- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 79.1
- Total Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 42.6 mg
- Sodium: 43.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
Coconut Shrimp- Healthy & Delicious!Submitted by: LYNDSAY81283
Serves, 12 48-60 Shrimp
* butter-flavored cooking spray
* 1/3 cup cornstarch
* 1/2-1 teaspoon ground red pepper or cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
* 1 tablespoon lime juice or lemon juice
* 3 egg whites
* 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
* 1 1/2 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined,rinsed and patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper and salt.
4. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approximately 30-45 seconds.
5. Add lime juice to honey and stir.
6. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
7. Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or other relatively flat dish.
8. Take each shrimp and first dip it into cornstarch mixture then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
9. Then place on the baking sheet.
10. Lightly spray with cooking spray and bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LYNDSAY81283.