8 oz (1/2 lb.) lasagna noodles, cooked 6 oz (3/4 c.) mozzarella cheese, part-skim 1.5 c. cottage cheese, fat free .25 c parmesan cheese, grated 1.5 c. zucchini, raw, sliced 2.5 c. tomato sauce .66 tbsp (2 tsp) Basil .66 tbsp (2 tsp) oregano 1 clove, garlic 1 dash, black pepper 1/4 c. onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 9x13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. In small bowl, combine 1/8 c. mozzarella and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Add third of noodles in single layer. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture on top. Add layer of zucchini. 5. Repeat layering
6. Add thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover eith aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
This was delicious. I made my own sauce with diced and whole tomatoes. My husband loved it and I thought it was great too. I also mixed a bag of fresh spinach into the sauce and used more zucchini than the recipe calls for...just to pack that extra punch! YUM
Made it twice using whole wheat lasagna noodles: first time with cottage cheese and green zucchini. Second time with ricotta and yellow zucchini. Substituted Healthy Choice pasta sauce for the tomato sauce. Yummy and easy!
I substituted Barilla Plus elbow noodles (didn't have any lasagna noodles), and 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms instead of the zucchini. I also added about 1/2 cup of morningstar farms soy crumbles to my sauce, for flavor and texture. Sooo tasty!