Zucchini LasagnaSubmitted by: BROTONH
8 oz (1/2 lb.) lasagna noodles, cooked
6 oz (3/4 c.) mozzarella cheese, part-skim
1.5 c. cottage cheese, fat free
.25 c parmesan cheese, grated
1.5 c. zucchini, raw, sliced
2.5 c. tomato sauce
.66 tbsp (2 tsp) Basil
.66 tbsp (2 tsp) oregano
1 clove, garlic
1 dash, black pepper
1/4 c. onion, chopped
2. In small bowl, combine 1/8 c. mozzarella and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Add third of noodles in single layer. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture on top. Add layer of zucchini.
5. Repeat layering
6. Add thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover eith aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BROTONH.