- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 391.0
- Total Fat: 11.0 g
- Cholesterol: 89.5 mg
- Sodium: 667.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
- Protein: 35.6 g
View full nutritional breakdown of Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin calories by ingredient
Apple Stuffed Pork TenderloinSubmitted by: LUV_BEIN_MOM2
Number of Servings: 8
2 pork Tenderloins (1# each)
Apple-Sage Stuffing (recipe follows)
1 3/4 cup Chicken Broth (low sodium, fat free), divided
2-3 tsp Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Apple juice
2 Tbs. Cornstarch
Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions for Tenderloin:
1. Trim fat (silver skin) from both tenderloins.
2. Cut pork lenthwise 3/4 of the way through (becarful not to slice in half, you want it to stay one piece, but open flat!) Open flat and pound to and even thickness with a meat mallet.
3. Cover one piece of meat with stuffing and top with remaining piece of meat. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Secure the two pieces of meat with kitchen twine. Place carrots in roasting pan and put pork on top. (The carrots act as roasting rack)
5. Pour 1 cup of chicken broth in roasting pan. Cover with a lid or foil and roast at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Pull the lid off and brown for 15 minutes longer. Cook to internal temperature of 160 degrees. Let stand 10-15 minutes with foil lightly tented over it.
6. Meanwhile, while meat is resting, throw away carrots and strain juices from pan into a small sauce pan. Stir in remaining broth, 1/4 cup apple juice and sugar. Bring to a boil.
7. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining apple juice. Add to sauce pan and simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper and serve with sliced meat.
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 apple (fuji or gala is best)
2-3 teaspoons dried sage
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cup dry cornbread stuffing
1/2-3/4cup chicken broth
DIRECTIONS FOR STUFFING:
Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add onion and celery. Saute until onion begins to soften. Add apple, sage and pepper. Cook until apple is crisp-tender. Place cornbread stuffing mix in a medium bowl and toss with sauted mix. Add just enough broth to moisten.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BRIDGETSLOSIN.