Banana Bran muffinsSubmitted by: MIMI_B
IntroductionA warm and healthy way to start your day! Make up a batch on the weekends and you'll have a week of breakfasts for the whole family! A warm and healthy way to start your day! Make up a batch on the weekends and you'll have a week of breakfasts for the whole family!
2.5 cups flour
.75 cup sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
.25 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temp.
1.5 cups lowfat buttermilk
1.5 cups bran
1 cup mashed, ripe banana
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together.
3. Whisk together the egg, buttermilk, and bran. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the egg mizture all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
5. Fold in mashed banana. Keep mixing to a minimum -- some lumps are fine. Dough should not be mixed to the point of pouring, but should break in coarse globs. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full.
6. Bake in the prepared muffin pans for about 25 minutes. The muffins are done when a knife or toothpick inserted in the centere comes out clean.
Serving size = 1 muffin
Number of servings = 24
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MLBOTTOMS.