Oat & Flax RollsSubmitted by: AUBREYJO
IntroductionA variation of a wheat roll that I really liked, but only had unbleached white flour on hand. A variation of a wheat roll that I really liked, but only had unbleached white flour on hand.
1 packet of yeast
3/4 c + 2 TBS WARM Water
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4c +2 TBS Flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBS Smart Balance Buttery Spread
2. Mix salt, 2 tbsp melted butter and egg into yeast mixture. Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time, until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 mins.
4. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hr.
5. Punch down dough, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled again, about 30 mins.
6. Grease 12 muffin cups. Punch down dough and roll into long roll. Cut 12 rolls from strip and place into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with oat bran.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 12 to 15 mins, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush again with melted butter, if desired.
*** In this recipe, I put that there was a total of 2 and a half cups of flour used. The extra flour has calories, too! A lot of recipes don't account for this.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AUBREYJO.