- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 534.7
- Total Fat: 25.5 g
- Cholesterol: 71.7 mg
- Sodium: 1,179.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.5 g
- Protein: 21.7 g
Penne with Sausage,Eggplant & FetaSubmitted by: KATKRAZY1
Introductionyou may use hot sausage it you like and any tube shaped pasta will work too. You may omit the wine as well if you want too. you may use hot sausage it you like and any tube shaped pasta will work too. You may omit the wine as well if you want too.
* 4 1/2 cups cubed peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
* 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
*1/2 cup dry white wine
* 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 10 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
* 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
Cook eggplant, sausage, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and eggplant is tender. Add tomato paste and the next 4 ingredients (through wine); cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place pasta in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, cheese, and parsley; toss well.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KATKRAZY1.