- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 203.4
- Total Fat: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 696.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.2 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
Curry Rice Bean Tomato Casserole
IntroductionNot so much a casserole - but a delicious main or side dish with rice, beans, and tomatoes flavored with curry. A meal even my 2 and 4 year old LOVED!! Delicious. Not so much a casserole - but a delicious main or side dish with rice, beans, and tomatoes flavored with curry. A meal even my 2 and 4 year old LOVED!! Delicious.
-- 1/4 Red Onion
-- 3 or 4 cloves of Garlic
-- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
-- 1 tsp Curry Powder
-- 1 can Beans drained (I used kidney beans - but would be delicious with black beans, too)
-- 1 can Diced Tomatoes (I used Del Monte Zesty Chili Style)
-- 2 cups Brown Rice (cooked)
2. Chop onion.
3. Slice garlic (I cut mine into slivers).
4. In medium pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
5. Saute onions, garlic, and curry powder for about 5 minutes.
6. Add beans, tomatoes, and rice. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
7. Stir occasionally, cover between stirs.
We top this with cheese and "crunchies" (chow mein noddles). Would also be good topped with sour cream. Toppings are not figured into nutritional information.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user .