Marmalade and Ginger SliceSubmitted by: PHRASER
IntroductionA scottish tea-time treat. Serve buttered. Not a diet food - entered for reference. A scottish tea-time treat. Serve buttered. Not a diet food - entered for reference.
* Plain white flour (UK), 227 g (remove)
* Golden Syrup per 1 cup or 350g, 0.65 cup (remove)
* Butter, salted, 114 grams (remove)
* Baking Powder, 1 tsp (remove)
* Ginger, ground, 1 tbsp (remove)
* Egg, fresh, 1 large (remove)
* Rose's English Breakfast Marmalade (500g jar, 1 serve=15g), 227 gram(s) (remove)
Combine dry ingredients, make a well in the centre. Stir in marmalade mixture, and the beaten egg. Mix well until smooth and combined.
Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking dish and bake at 180 celcius for 45 minutes until firm and golden.
Turn out to cool after 10 minutes.
Slice (I usually cut into 16 but you can do more slices to reduce calories per serving) and serve buttered for morning tea.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PHRASER.