Chipotle Cashew ChickenSubmitted by: CSHROADS01
IntroductionSpicy and Sweet Asian Recipe Spicy and Sweet Asian Recipe
Onions, 1 large, 1/4 finely chopped, 3/4 thinly sliced
Brown Rice, 1.5 cup
Chicken Broth, 3 cup
Chicken Breast, no skin, 2 lbs. cubed
McCormick GrillMates Montreal Steak Seasoning, 2 Tbsp.
Soy Sauce, 2 Tbsp
Garlic, 6 cloves
1 cup bell peppers, chopped
Waterchestnuts, 1.5 cup slices
Peas, frozen, 1 cup
1.5 Tbsp ground chipotle powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
Sugar Free Honey, 2 Tbsp
Sugar-Free Maple-Flavored Syrup, 0.25 cup
Cilantro, dried, 1 Tbsp
Cashew Nuts, dry roasted, 1 cup
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender
3. Heat large skillet over high heat
4. Spray with cooking spray and add chicken
5. Season with grill seasoning
6. Brown both sides of the chicken
7. season with soy sauce and move to side of the pan.
8. Add remaining onion, garlic, and peppers.
9. Cook 2-3 minutes then add water chestnuts, peas, and mix vegetables and meat together.
10. Add chipotle and cumin
11. Toss to coat.
12. Glaze mixture with honey and syrup and turn off heat.
13. Add cilantro and cashew nuts.
14. Serve with portion of rice.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CSHROADS01.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Holy Salt Shaker!! Oh no, not with sodium >2000!! Per serving? I presume it comes mainly from your broth, soy sauce, steak seasoning and why oh why are you using dry roasted cashews? Tasty, probably. Killer, definitely. You need to remember that the rec. Sod/day is 2300! For some of us 1500/d - 8/9/10