Apricot Bar Cookies
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionChewy and sweet, these cookies, made with whole-wheat flour and rolled oats, will satiate your sweet tooth. Chewy and sweet, these cookies, made with whole-wheat flour and rolled oats, will satiate your sweet tooth.
Canola oil cooking spray1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats1 cup whole wheat flour1/3 cup packed brown sugar1/2 tsp. cinnamon1/4 tsp. salt1/4 tsp. baking soda1/3 cup canola oil5 Tbsp. apple juice, divided1/2 cup apricot jam, preferably fruit-sweetened1 package (7 oz.) dried apricots, diced
2. Spray 9 X 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3. In large bowl, mix together oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda until well combined.
4. In small bowl, whisk oil and 3 tablespoons juice together and pour over oat mixture, blending well until moist and crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup for topping. Press the remainder evenly into prepared pan.
5. In small bowl, blend jam with remaining 2 tablespoons apple juice. Stir in dried apricots. Spread evenly over crust.
6. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over apricots, lightly pressing down with fingers.
7. Bake 35 min. or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars. Printed with permission from the American Institute for Cancer Research
The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) is the cancer charity that fosters research on diet and cancer and educates the public about the results.