Creamy Cauliflower SoupSubmitted by: QUILTINGB52
IntroductionThis soup has delightfully creamy texture and a delicate flavor. It's the perfect accompaniment to a sandwich. This soup has delightfully creamy texture and a delicate flavor. It's the perfect accompaniment to a sandwich.
1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 white potato, diced
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
3 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup fat-free half & half
1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper
2. Place cauliflower, onions, and potato into pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook and stir vegetables until just starting to brown, about 8 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the vegetables are very tender and you can easily push a fork through them, about 30 minutes.
4. Transfer the contents of the pot to a blender. Add half & half. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour the contents of the blender back into the pot. Stir in the cheese, butter, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir over medium high heat until the cheese has completely melted.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user QUILTINGB52.