- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 298.1
- Total Fat: 7.9 g
- Cholesterol: 48.8 mg
- Sodium: 312.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.9 g
- Protein: 23.8 g
Chili con carne with 2 kinds of beansSubmitted by: PHRASER
IntroductionAWW recipe, plus cocoa and black beans, substituting cubed lean beef for mince. AWW recipe, plus cocoa and black beans, substituting cubed lean beef for mince.
* Chili powder, 1.00 tsp
* Cumin seed, 2.00 tsp
* Oregano, ground, 1.00 tbsp
* Paprika, 1.00 tsp
* Grapeseed Oil, 2.00 1tsp
* Garlic, 2.00 clove
* Onions, raw, 2.00 medium (2-1/2" dia)
* Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1.00 large (2-1/4 per lb, approx 3-3/4" long, 3" dia)
* Tomato Paste, 0.25 cup
* Beef chuck, 450.00
* Beans, black, 1.25 cup
* Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, 0.60 tbsp
* Cilantro, raw, 8.00 tbsp
* Massel beef style stock made up as directed, 125.00 gram(s)
* Budget whole peeled tomatoes in juice, 800.00 gram(s)
* Masterfoods Red Kidney Beans (large) - drained weight, 252.00 gram(s)
Cook onions and garlic 3-4 minutes, add capsicum and cumin, cook until tender.
Add remaining ingredients, including meat (except cilantro), stir well, simmer 45 minutes or until done.
Stir in chopped cilantro just before serving.
6-8 servings. Serve with rice, pasta, potatos or bread and veg or salad.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PHRASER.