Chickpeas and Veg CurrySubmitted by: ZDUAA08
IntroductionAlso add tumeric (not an available ingredient) Also add tumeric (not an available ingredient)
Carrots, raw, 3 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long)
1 large Can of Chick Peas (aprox 3 cups)
Mushrooms, fresh, 2 cup, whole (remove)
Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, chopped
Yellow Peppers (bell peppers), 1 pepper, large (3-3/4" long, 3" dia)
Canned Tomatoes, 1 can
Salt, 1.5 tsp
Onions, raw, 2 medium (2-1/2" dia)
Paprika, 1.5 tsp
Pepper, black, 1 tbsp
Chili powder, 1 tsp
Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
4 Tbsp dried coriander / handful of chopped fresh coriander
1) dice the onions into medium pieces (or use a blender).
2) fry the onion in the olive oil and salt on a high (full) temperature. As soon as the onions start to sizzle, turn down to 1/2 temp (electric mark 4) and cover. Cook until the onions become transparent and slightly browned. It's important that the onions are completely softened to make a nice curry sauce).
3) add the Paprika, chilli powder and tumeric - fry for a further 2 minutes until the oil starts to separate from the mixture
4) add the canned tomatos and simmer (covered) for 5 minutes.
5) Add all the vegetables and canned chick peas, stir throoughly so that it is all covered in the tomato sauce.
6) simmer for 1/2 an hour or until the carrots and chickpeas are cooked.
7) add coriander before serving
you can add more chilli powder and less paprika for a more spicy curry - or add fresh green chillis to the onions for a nice
serve with indian basmati rice, brown basmati or brown rice
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ZDUAA08.