- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 35.5
- Total Fat: 2.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 8.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies (no sugar)Submitted by: ANGIE_Z132
IntroductionThese cookies are an adaptation of TABBYKAT75's Coconut Macaroons, except with chocolate chips instead of nuts and no sugar, so the cooking instructions are all his/hers and I deserve no credit. These cookies are an adaptation of TABBYKAT75's Coconut Macaroons, except with chocolate chips instead of nuts and no sugar, so the cooking instructions are all his/hers and I deserve no credit.
1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
2 egg whites
3/4 cup of Splenda
1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
pinch of salt (not included in calculation)
2. Combine coconut, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and vanilla together in a medium bowl and stir well; set aside.
3. Place egg whites and salt in a small mixer bowl and beat on medium speed to soft peaks. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over egg whites and continue beating until peaks are glossy.
4. Gently sprinkle remaining sugar over beaten egg whites and carefully fold in using a rubber spatula, then gently fold in coconut mixture.
5. Drop the batter to make a dozen onto prepared cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
6. If baked on rice paper, allow macaroons to cool completely on cookie sheets, then remove and peel away the excess paper from each one. If using parchment paper, cool 2 to 3 minutes on cookie sheets to firm up, then carefully remove cookies from the paper with a spatula, transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely
***These directions were taken directly from TABBYKAT75's Coconut Macaroons recipe, so please do not yell at me for it, unless you are TABBYKAT75; TABBYKAT75, if you ever fine this recipe, and would like me to, I will make it so this recipe will not be shared to the public.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANGIE_Z132.