Cranberry SauceSubmitted by: NDCHRISTI
IntroductionA favorite family recipe - passed down from my mom's close friend, RuthAnn. A favorite family recipe - passed down from my mom's close friend, RuthAnn.
24 oz (two bags) whole cranberries
.75 c. water
2 c. sugar
1 c. dole crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice (*drained*)
.5 c pineapple juice (reserved from crushed pineapple)
1 c. pecan pieces
1 pkg. sugar-free raspberry jell-o
- In a large pan (approx. 4 qt.) combine water, pineapple juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is combined (not necessarily dissolved).
- Add cranberries
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until cranberries are cooked (approximately 8-10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add Jell-O and mix until thoroughly dissolved (to avoid lumps).
- Allow mixture to cool (approximately 1.5-2 hrs.)
- Once cooled, stir in crushed pineapple and pecan pieces.
- Refridgerate until serving.
Serving size: 1/3 c.
Total servings: about 16
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NDCHRISTI.