- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 508.8
- Total Fat: 16.0 g
- Cholesterol: 166.2 mg
- Sodium: 419.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
- Protein: 68.4 g
Tangy herb crusted Grilled SalmonSubmitted by: RABIDGNOME
IntroductionHeres a simple and very quick salmon fillet dinner. A favorite way of mine to grill up fresh salmon fillets. A wonderfull tangy bite. A recipe for two youll spend more time eating then you will cooking, and Isnt that how it should be? Heres a simple and very quick salmon fillet dinner. A favorite way of mine to grill up fresh salmon fillets. A wonderfull tangy bite. A recipe for two youll spend more time eating then you will cooking, and Isnt that how it should be?
2 Skinless Pink Salmon Fillets
2 Medium to large carrots
1 Cup Fresh Snow Peas
2 tsp's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp dill weed
1 tsp Garlic Powder (or Garlic Plus if you have it)
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Lemon pepper (this can be found at all grocery stores i just prefer the newmans own brand)
1 dash of salt
2) remove your salmon from the fridge If it is frozen let it thaw in your fridge for 24 hours, if you dont have that time to wait you can place it in the microwave and defrost. Just watch to make sure your not cooking the salmon.
3) Drizzle the olive oil on the salmon fillets making sure to coat both sides of your fillets evenly. then Rub your mixed herbs into the fillets coating both evenly on either side. Then place aside as they need to get to room temperature for grilling
4) Now take this time to turn on your grill getting it warmed up i use an indoor grill but when cooking salmon you never want to close the lid as youll be pressing out too much of the juice causing your salmon to be dry.
4) Wash your veggies and turn on your steamer. (if you dont have a steamer you can optionally boil the vegetables though this takes away from there nutrients and falvour) Cut the carrots into sticks the size is your preference these will be going into the steamer first as they take longer to steam then snow peas
5.) Place your herb crusted salmon fillets on the grill. and place your carrots into the steam basket. after about 2 minutes and 30 seconds give the fillets a qaurter turn to make those nice grill marks after another 2-3 minutes flip the fillets and again at around the 2 minute 30 mark give a qaurter turn. You can now add the snow peas to the steamer basket
6) Youll know the salmon is done when you can put a fork into it and it comes out clean and it flakes easily. Once the salmon fillets are done remove from the grill and let sit a minute. at this time remove your veggies from the basket the carrots should be tender and bright orange and the snow peas still a little crisp and bright green.
7) divvy up the now colourfull veggies onto 2 plates (optional toss the veggies with a touch of course sea salt and olive oil) place a fillet on each of the plates and thats that
8) Optional : garnish with a slice of a mandarin orange (tangerine) place this ontop of the herb crusted salmon fillets and then add a nice bridght colourfull sprig of fresh parsely ontop of the center of the oranger slice making sure not to cover the whole orange slice. also halved cherry tomatoes placed amongst your staemed veggies will add a wonderfull array of colour to your finished plates.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RABIDGNOME.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
i really enjoy eating salmon and this recipe spike my taste buds - 11/30/08
Reply from RABIDGNOME (11/30/08)
Yay! hehe im really glad you like it