Turkey Gumbo Soup
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionIf you have Thanksgiving leftovers, this recipe is for you! If you have Thanksgiving leftovers, this recipe is for you!
- 3 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 10-ounce bag of frozen okra, cut
- 16-ounce can of tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups turkey, cooked and diced
2. Add vegetables, seasonings, rice, and turkey.
3. Cover and cook slowly 15 minutes, until vegetables and rice are tender.
Makes 6 servings.