Sweet and Sour Seashells
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionDraining the marinade before serving keeps the fat and sodium low in this cold pasta salad. Draining the marinade before serving keeps the fat and sodium low in this cold pasta salad.
- 1 lb. uncooked small seashell macaroni (9 cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- black pepper to taste
- 2 oz. jar sliced pimentos
- 2 small cucumbers
- 2 small onions thinly sliced
- 18 lettuce leaves
2. Transfer to 4-quart bowl. Place sugar, vinegars, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper, and pimento in blender. Process at low speed 15-20 seconds, or just enough so flecks of pimento can be seen. Pour over macaroni.
3. Score cucumber peel with fork tines. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice thinly. Add to pasta with onion slices. Toss well.
4. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator 24 hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Drain and serve on lettuce.
Yield: 18 servings--Serving Size: 1/2 cup