Candied Sweet PotatoesSubmitted by: 02BFITAGAIN
IntroductionOriginally I found this recipe on Weight Watchers but I've adjusted it slightly and get rave reviews about it every time. Originally I found this recipe on Weight Watchers but I've adjusted it slightly and get rave reviews about it every time.
2 large sweet potatoes, about 2 lbs, peeled, halved lenthwise and cut crosswise in 2-inch think pieces
1/4 cup Tropicana, Light n Healthy Orange Juice
2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp reduced- calorie margarine, melted
1/2 tsp salt
dash of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degress fahrenheit.
2. Place cubed sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover potatoes. Bring potatoes to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender.
3. Drain potatoes and arrange in a shallow baking dish in a single layer.
4. Whisk together orange juice, brown sugar, honey, syrup, margarine, nutmeg, and salt. Pour over sweet potatoes.
5. Bake 30 minutes, stir to coat potatoes and bake 15 minutes more.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 02BFITAGAIN.