Bhindi MasalaSubmitted by: FOLLIAGE
500 gms/1.10 lb okra/bhindi
3 onions, chopped long thinly
5 green Chillies
1 inch ginger
10 flakes garlic
4 tomatoes ripe red
2 tsp mango powder
3 tbsp Oil
3 tsp garam Masala
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
Salt as required
2. Add salt, little oil, coriander powder, mango powder, garam masala and turmeric powder in to the mixture and keep it aside.
3. Slit the bhindis from the center.
4. Now fill bhindis with all the prepared mixture.
5. Heat oil in a wide pan add onions, stir and then slide bhindis gently in the pan.
6. Stir it gently so that the masala does not come out. Keep it on slow fire and cover it with lid, let it cook till the bhindis have become dark green in color and almost cooked.
Now add finely chopped tomatoes. Again cover it with the lid and cook it on slow fire till the tomatoes almost disappear. Salt to taste.
Serve with rice or naan.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FOLLIAGE.