- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 342.6
- Total Fat: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 39.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.6 g
- Protein: 16.9 g
Tuscan White Beans With SageSubmitted by: ALMONDS_RAISINS
Introductionthis is recipezaar Recipe #160124 this is recipezaar Recipe #160124
* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 large yellow onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
* 1 cup carrot, chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh sage, minced
* 3 cups diced tomatoes (undrained)
* 4 cups white beans (cannellini or great northern)
2. Add the can of tomatoes, heat through.
3.Add the white beans, return to a simmer, and simmer as long as you like (the longer, the yummier, honestly!).
4. This dish holds up well to slight modifications. I have put in a stalk of celery, diced, with the onions and carrots. I have added a little dried rosemary with the white beans. All quite tasty.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALMONDS_RAISINS.