- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 192.2
- Total Fat: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 68.2 mg
- Sodium: 428.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 30.0 g
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka MasalaSubmitted by: JACE520
1 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast diced into large cubes
1 tablespoon dijon mustard (my substitution for mustard seed oil)
2 ounces milk
5 ounces natural yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 small can of tomato sauce
5 cloves (large size) garlic, finely chopped
1/2 can chopped green chilies
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons garam masala (I have a recipe to make from scratch)
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2. If you want to marinate at this point, place mixture into the fridge to marinate for 24 hours.
3. It may not be safe to leave chicken which has previously been frozen for longer than 24 hours, but fresh chicken should be left to marinate for 48 hours for best results.
4. If you do not wish to leave the chicken to marinate, simply continue to the next step.
5. Turn the crockpot on low until the chicken is cooked throughout (6-8 hours).
6. Most people serve over Basmati rice.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JACE520.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made this the other day and I used whole bone in chicken legs and thighs. I also marinated the chicken overnight. The chicken fell off the bone and was very good - however, I may play with this and add more spices. I didn't find it "spicy" enough - perhaps some curry and black pepper would help? - 10/8/09
Great recipe! I made a few mods since I didn't I didn't have time. Made it on the stove, came out great! I substituted cayenne pepper instead of paprika, since I didn't have any paprika. It came out wonderful, and with brown rice, was very very filling. Thanks for sharing! - 1/18/09
Can't wait to try this recipe out! Could you please post your Garam Masala spice recipe? I would love to make it from scratch! :) Thanks! - 12/20/08
Reply from JACE520 (12/22/08)
There was some kind of error with my Garam Masala recipe. I've reposted it & it should be searchable now.