Liz's Spicy Garlic SpinachSubmitted by: LIZARD1280
6 cups or 1 pre-packaged bag of fresh spinach, rinsed & drained
1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste
lemon (if desired)
2. Add garlic & red pepper flakes and saute for about 30 seconds or until you can smell the garlic.
3. Add spinach and toss until it cooks down and any excess water is cooked off.
4. Add nutmeg and salt & pepper (to taste).
5. If desired, squeeze one half a lemon over spinach
6. Give spinach a quick toss around the pan and serve piping hot!
(Quick Tip: I pop the lemon in the microwave for 15 seconds, take it out and press down & roll around on the cutting board to get all the juices moving. If you do this before cutting the lemon it will give up all its juices!)
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIZARD1280.