- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 261.1
- Total Fat: 11.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
- Sodium: 96.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
EASY Gluten-Free Flourless Persimmon Almond CakeSubmitted by: BETHPROVERBS31
IntroductionI adapted this recipe from a full fat/sugar version I saw on Care2.com. This cake is so moist and delicious you don't miss the flour at all!! Totally gluten free! I adapted this recipe from a full fat/sugar version I saw on Care2.com. This cake is so moist and delicious you don't miss the flour at all!! Totally gluten free!
1 pound Persimmons
1 1/2 cups Egg Beaters (or other egg substitute)
1 cup plus 2 tbsp Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
2 1/3 cup finely ground unsalted almonds
1/4 cup sliced unsalted almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1. Slice the persimmons in half and scoop out the flesh, place in a food processor and briefly pulse, then add remaining ingredients except sliced almonds and pulse to a pulp.
2. Spray an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray and pour mixture in. It is a very, very wet batter. Top with almond slices.Place in preheated oven.
3. After 40 minutes of baking, cover with foil to prevent top from burning. Cake is done after about an hour total, or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven (but not from pan yet!) and cool on a rack. Once cool, remove from pan. It can be served immediately, but improves after one day.
5. Serve topped with Persimmon slices, creme fraiche, whipped cream or Greek yogurt if you like.
Makes 12 equal slices (servings).
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BETHPROVERBS31.