Venison ChiliSubmitted by: ITSNEVER2LATE!
IntroductionVenison Chili made with Iron Skillet game meat chili seasoning from http://hometownprovisions.com/ Venison Chili made with Iron Skillet game meat chili seasoning from http://hometownprovisions.com/
1 packet of Iron Skillet Chili Seasoning
2 lbs venison
enough oil or spray to brown venison
2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can seasoned chili beans
1 (29oz) can tomato sauce (plain)
1 cup of water
*garli to taste - optional*
* Start crockpot on high while you brown venison
* In skillet mix venison with water and remaining seasoning mix
* Cook on medium heat until browned through (done)
* Slowly add browned venison to crockpot and stir
* Reduce crockpot heat to low and cook for at least 4 hours (or until headed & seasoned through, I usually leave it all day long).
Makes approximately 12 bowl sized servings
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ITSNEVER2LATE!.