- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 241.5
- Total Fat: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 58.5 mg
- Sodium: 211.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 19.1 g
Gluten Free Oven Fried ChickenSubmitted by: LIZARD1280
IntroductionA delicious alternative to greasy fried chicken. And best of all it's GLUTEN FREE!!! A delicious alternative to greasy fried chicken. And best of all it's GLUTEN FREE!!!
8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
2 Cups Non-Fat Milk
2 Egg Whites
1 Tbsp. Water
4 Cup Ground Rice or Corn Chex
1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
4 Tbsp. Onion Powder (divided)
1/2 Lemon (squeezed)
1 Tbsp. Paprika (I like smoked)
1 Tbsp. Ground Sage (divided)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2. Add chicken to the milk mixture and let "brine" in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl grind up the Chex in a food processor until they are the consistency of bread crumbs. Add 2 tbsp onion powder, paprika, 1/2 tsp ground sage and salt & pepper and mix well to combine.
4. In a seperate bowl, add rice flour and 1 tbsp onion powder and salt & pepper to taste.
5. In a seperate bowl, whisk together egg whites and 1 tbsp of water.
6. When chicken is through brining. Using tongs.
First, dip each thigh or breast in rice flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally the Chex mixture and repeat until all chicken pieces are coated.
7. Place on a wire rack sprayed with cooking spray on top of a foil covered cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until done.
* You can use low-fat buttermilk instead of the milk and lemon juice if you prefer.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIZARD1280.