- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 175.4
- Total Fat: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 2.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
Pear with star anise and cinnamonSubmitted by: MIKIIO
IntroductionFed up with plain fruit, try out this recipe. Fed up with plain fruit, try out this recipe.
* Pears, fresh, 1 pear, medium
* Lemon Juice, from 1/2 fresh lemon
* Water, tap, 1 fl oz
* Star anise, 1 serving
* Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
* 2 Cloves, whole,
* Honey, 1 tbsp
2) Put the pear in a pan with water, honey, cinnamon, star anise and 2 cloves.
3) Cook 10 minutes without covering and stirring.
4) Remove the 2 whole cloves before serving.
Note: Can be prepared in advance. Yet it's best served warm (but not hot).
Do not eat the cloves and the star anise. You can keep the star anise to decorate the plate.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MIKIIO.