- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 182.3
- Total Fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 47.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
Low-Fat Baked Apple Sweet Potato CasseroleSubmitted by: BETHPROVERBS31
IntroductionThis casserole is actually a Jewish dish called Tzimmes. I adapted this from a higher fat/sugar version a friend of mine makes. It is rather yummy and satisfying! This casserole is actually a Jewish dish called Tzimmes. I adapted this from a higher fat/sugar version a friend of mine makes. It is rather yummy and satisfying!
5 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed, and boiled until tender
4 large carrots, peeled, cubed, and boiled until tender
1 cup pitted prunes, chopped
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp melted fat-free margarine (Like Promise Fat-Free)
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/3 cup Minute Maid Light Orange Juice (or unsweetened OJ)
3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
Butter flavor non-stick cooking spray
1. Mash sweet potatoes and carrots in large bowl.
2. Add chopped prunes, cinnamon, and pepper and mix well.
3. Combine honey and margarine in separate bowl.
4. Alternate layers of mashed sweet potato mixture and apple slices, dribbling honey/margarine mixture and OJ over each layer.
End with sweet potato layer.
5. Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes and light golden brown on top.
Makes about 10 servings.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BETHPROVERBS31.