Homemade Chicken Stir FrySubmitted by: AMARFA
IntroductionFun to make, eat with chopsticks and make noodles or rice to go with it! Fun to make, eat with chopsticks and make noodles or rice to go with it!
2 medium cloves Garlic
2tbsp Fresh chopped ginger root
4 tbsp Canola Oil
2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
6 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 or 2 cups sliced Red Bell Pepper
1 or 2 cups Sugar Snap Peas in Pod
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
3 tbsp Corn starch
2. Marinate the chicken with the Soy Sauce and Orange Juice. (you can add sherry and chicken broth if you're feeling fancy)
3. While the chicken is marinating, chop up the sliced peppers, garlic and ginger, and measure out the pea pods.
4. Heat your pan on medium-high heat. You want the food to sear when they hit the pan, but not to burn.
5. Add the oil, and let it heat for a moment until it slides around the pan like water. add the garlic and ginger. (garlic and ginger should be in equal amounts. )
6. Count to five, and add the red peppers and peas. Let them cook until the edges are tender, but the insides are still crispy when you bite them.
7. Take the veggies out of the pan and place to the side in a bowl. Put the pan back on the heat, and add the chicken. Reserve the marinade.
8. When each piece of chicken is white, add the veggies back into the pan. Add the cayenne pepper to taste.
9. When the chicken is cooked almost all the way through, add the reserved marinade.
10. When the marinade boils, take some out into a cup or small bowl, and mix it with the corn starch. Add it back into the pan, and stir until thick. Take the pan off the heat or else the corn starch will break down and it will become watery again.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AMARFA.