Vegetables & Tofu SoupSubmitted by: CLARALOW
- 6.5 cup water
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water and drain
- 150 g fresh spinach, watercress or similar greens
- 1 tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 slices ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp salt
2. Cut away and discard tough stems from mushrooms, then cut each mushroom in half.
3. Wash and rinse vegetables. Remove any tough or wilted stems, and separate the leaves.
4. Add the mushrooms to the boiling water, and let the water return to a boil, then add the tofu and ginger. Return to boil on medium flame, cover with a lid and simmer for about 20 mins.
5. Add vegetables and stir, let water return to boil, and simmer for 2 more mins.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CLARALOW.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made this soup adding to it: fresh regular mushrooms (no shitake in store), garlic instead of ginger, a half a slice of Steakumms and canned spinach. I LOVED it. I had two servings for dinner then added it to my food tracker. Well this am I took ALL THE TOFU out. Tofu is full of calories. - 8/28/09