- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 413.3
- Total Fat: 17.3 g
- Cholesterol: 46.1 mg
- Sodium: 1,178.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 26.2 g
Spinach and cheese stuffed shellsSubmitted by: RAVYN_2006
IntroductionCreamy and rich vegatarian meal with an italian flavor. Creamy and rich vegatarian meal with an italian flavor.
Ricotta Cheese, part skim milk, 15 oz
Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 12 oz
Parmesan Cheese, grated, .5 cup
Spinach, frozen, 1 package (10 oz)
Tomato Sauce, 29 oz
Tomato Paste, 1 can (6 oz)
Granulated Sugar, .25 cup
Garlic, 2 TBS
Mushrooms, fresh, 12 oz sliced
jumbo shells, 6 oz
Italian seasoning to taste
6 oz water
2 tbs vegatable oil
2. start your sauce in large sauce pan by combining tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, italian seasoning, sugar, oil, and garlic. Stir well and heat on medium heat while you stuff your shells.
3. Mix the Ricotta cheese, Mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese together in a large bowl. Thaw and Drain spinach well and mix into cheese mixture.
4. Stuff shells with cheese/spinach mix.
5. Place about a cup of heated sauce in bottom of a 9X13 inch cake pan. arrange stuffed shells in pan.
6. Sprinkle sliced mushrooms over the top of stuffed shells. Pour remaining sauce over top of mushrooms and shells.
7. Bake in 375 degree preheated oven for 35-45 minutes.
Makes about 7-8 servings about 2 shells each serving.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAVYN_2006.