Vegie PacksSubmitted by: CATMANDO1988
IntroductionThis is a great Vegetable Dish with fresh produce that can be thrown together easily and then ignored while it cooks. Grill them or Bake them using aluminum foil layed flat which is then folded in half and sealed by folding the edges. This is a great Vegetable Dish with fresh produce that can be thrown together easily and then ignored while it cooks. Grill them or Bake them using aluminum foil layed flat which is then folded in half and sealed by folding the edges.
For each vegie pack you will need:
2 Asparagus Spears
5-6 Carrot Slices
3 Slices Yam
3 Slices Sweet Potato
1 Sprig Dill Weed (or to taste)
1 slice of onion (or to taste)
1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 TBSP Water
1 TSP Braggs Liquid Amino's (or soy sauce)
Sprinkle of Pepper (I like coarse ground)
1 tsp Olive Oil
Pepper to taste
1. Cut aluminum foil about 18 inches long. You need 2 sheets per packet if grilling (one sheet per serving if baking). Each packet is one serving.
2. Place aluminum foil on a plate (for stability)
3. Wash and cut all vegies in the following order:
*2-3 slices Sweet Potato and Yam (no more than 1/4 inch)
*4 slices carrot
*3 Asparagus Spears (snap the first one and then cut the rest the same size)
*1 slice of onion
*1 sprig of Dill or 2 tsp dry
*1 tsp minced garlic
4. Round corners up on the foil edges to prevent spilling and add the following:
*2 tsp braggs (or more to taste)
*1 tsp olive oil
*1 tbsp water (to help steam vegies)
5. Take long ends and bring edges together and fold down until you can't fold anymore. Now fold ends to seal (see picture above).
6. Place on grill or in oven at 350 degrees for 15 -20 minutes depending on how you like your vegies. Experiment with your favorite vegetables! Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CATMANDO1988.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
My family has been making these for years! Except we call them hobo dinners and they were usually cooked over an open fire while we were camping. I've never made them in the oven before, but 15 minutes was not enough. I would suggest 20 or even 25 minutes depending on how large you cut the veggies. - 9/1/09