SpanakopitaSubmitted by: KELLY_NZ
IntroductionA lower fat version of a tasty Greek pie! A lower fat version of a tasty Greek pie!
1 bunch spinach or silverbeet, finaely sliced
1 large onion, chopped
125gms cottage cheese
25 gms feta cheese, crumbled
50 gms Edam (or cheddar) cheese, grated
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp nutmeg
salt and LOTS of ground black pepper
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
4 sheets filo pastry
4 tsps olive oil
2. Steam spinach/silverbeet and onion for 5mins.
3. Beat eggs in a bowl, add cottage cheese, feta and Edam.
4. Add onion and spinach/silverbeet, dill, nutmeg, salt and pepper and parsley. Pour into ovenproof dish (I lightly spray the dish with olive oil first).
5. Layer the filo pastry sheets on top of the mixture, lightly brushing each with the olive oil. (Sometimes, I will layer 2 of the sheets on the bottom of the dish first and then pour the mixture over, then covering with other 2 sheets on top).
6. Bake at 180C for about 30-40 minutes or until pastry is golden and crispy.
Serve with crisp garden salad.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BEYONDTHEBEACH.