- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 395.6
- Total Fat: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 80.0 mg
- Sodium: 660.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 28.9 g
Ferber's Simple Turkey Shepherd's PieSubmitted by: GFERBER
IntroductionShepherd's Pie is essentially a casserole, lined with cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked. Shepherd's Pie is essentially a casserole, lined with cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked.
1 lb Turkey, Ground turkey, 93% lean
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups Green Giant Mixed Vegetable, Frozen
4 Medium potatoes
1 cup Vegetable broth
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Paprika
1. Peel potatoes. Chop onion. Thaw frozen vegetables. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium pot bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add potatos and cook for about 20 minutes, until soft.
1. In a large skillet over a medium high heat, brown turkey.
2. Add onion and cook until tender.
3. Add Vegetable broth and worcestershire sauce. Add salt, pepper and paprika. Cover, Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add more water if mixture becomes too dry. You want it to be fairly moist.
4. Combine meat mixture and thawed vegetables in a bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, mash potatoes.
6. In a casserole dish, place the meat and vegetable mixture on the bottom. Spread the mashed potatoes on top. With a fork, groove and peak the potatos so they will brown on top.
You could top this with a low fat or fat free cheddar cheese if you like. I did not include it in the recipe.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Broil on high until potatoes have nice color.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GFERBER.