Mom's Mac and CheeseSubmitted by: SARAHDAVIS44
4.5-5 cups uncooked noodles
9 tbsp butter
6 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
6 cups skim milk
2 cups 2% mild cheddar
2 cups 2% sharp cheddar
16 oz. Velveeta
2. In a separate pot, melt butter and remove from heat. Add flour, salt, pepper, and onion powder and mix well.
3. Add skim milk and return to heat. Bring to boil, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
4. Once boiling, remove from heat and add cheeses.
5. Once cheese is completely melted, add noodles.
6. If you want mac and cheese to be oven baked, put in pan and cover in oven for 30 minutes at 350 (1 hour if mac and cheese has been refrigerated).
Makes approximately 24 servings (with 1 serving = 1 large spoonful)
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SARAHDAVIS44.