- Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 351.7
- Total Fat: 21.6 g
- Cholesterol: 57.6 mg
- Sodium: 23.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
Besan Ka Laddoo (gram flour sweet) WW=7 points (each)Submitted by: HCHATTERJEE
IntroductionThe trick to getting this sweet right is in browning the besan (gram flour) perfectly and using powdered sugar for the smooth consistency.
Worth 7 point per ladoo if batch yields 25 balls The trick to getting this sweet right is in browning the besan (gram flour) perfectly and using powdered sugar for the smooth consistency.
Worth 7 point per ladoo if batch yields 25 balls
â€¢ 4 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
â€¢ 2 cups ghee (clarified butter)
â€¢ 2 cups powdered sugar
â€¢ 1 tbsp cardamom powder
â€¢ 1 tbsp cashews, powdered (Optional not included in nutrition)
â€¢ 1 tbsp almonds, powdered (Optional not included in nutrition)
2. Add the besan and brown till you get a cooked aroma from it. The besan will also turn darker as it cooks and when done should be a deep golden brown color. This browning process can take up roughly 20 minutes.
3. Add the cardamom and mix well.
4. Turn off the fire and mix in the powdered sugar. Stir well.
5. Allow the mix to cool.
6. When cool, form into golf ball-sized rounds. Place on a lightly greased, flat tray till they set well.
7. Store in an air-tight container in a cool place.
Number of Servings: 25
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HCHATTERJEE.