Cayenne SnapperSubmitted by: HHHBYE
IntroductionSpicy and healthy! Spicy and healthy!
Paprika, 1 tsp
Pepper, red or cayenne, 1 tsp
Pepper, black, 1 tsp
Thyme, ground, 1 tsp
Basil, 1 tsp
Garlic powder, 1 tsp
Oregano, ground, 1 tbsp
I cant believe its not butter, 2 tbsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Snapper (fish), 450 grams
1. On a large piece of wax paper, mix together paprika, cayenne, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, basil, garlic, and oregano.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with oil.
3. Brush both sides of snapper fillets with butter mixture, reserve remaining.
4. Coat both sides of fillets with seasoning mixture.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until a drop of water sizzles on it.
6. Drizzle half of remaining butter mixture on one side of the fillets and place fillets butter side down in pan.
7. Cook over high heat until the fish is deeply browned.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HHHBYE.