- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 175.6
- Total Fat: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 670.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 13.2 g
Stir-fried Tofu with VegetablesSubmitted by: HHHBYE
IntroductionVitamins, protein, low cal and great taste! Vitamins, protein, low cal and great taste!
Tofu, firm, 300 grams
Garlic, 3 cloves
Carrots, raw, 1 medium
Green Peppers (bell peppers), 1 cup, strips
Hot chile pepers, 1 pepper chopped
Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp
Lime Juice, 1 lime yields
*Fish Sauce, 1 tbsp
Brown Sugar, 2 tsp packed
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
2. Add oil to nonstick skillet or wok with and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Add garlic and chopped hot chile pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute or until lightly browned on both sides.
4. Remove garlic and set aside. Add tofu cubes and fry quickly until all sides are browned.
5. Remove tofu and set aside.
6. Add carrot and bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute until they are crisp-tender.
7. Place vegetables on a serving dish then pile the cooked tofu on top.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
9. Spoon sauce over tofu and vegetables then sprinkle with the reserved cooked garlic. Serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HHHBYE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
FIsh sauce is something I don't have on hand either, but the recipe sounded so good I tried it without. It was fantastic! I sent some to a girlfriend and made a separate meal for our husbands (not fans of tofu). Her husband tried it and liked it so much I had to give her the recipe! - 6/29/09
I followed this method, but I was starving so I ate half the package of tofu, 200 grams, plus a cup of broccoli and 6 baby carrots. I cooked the tofu last and I used cooking spray instead of oil. I also used package stir fry sauce instead of the other ingredients, save garlic. Easy to manipulate! - 1/29/09