SconesSubmitted by: RAGGEDY_ANN
1 3/4 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soft margarine
1/2 cup raisins
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
1 Tbsp milk
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
3. Cut in margarine using a pastry blender or fork until it resembles pea sized lumps.
4. Stir in the raisins.
5. Mix together milk and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir gently until well blended. Do not over work the dough as this will result in terrible scones!
6. With floured hands, pat scone dough into balls 2 - 3 inches accross.
7. Place onto a greased baking sheet and flatten lightly. Let the scones barely touch each other.
8. Whisk egg together with 1 Tbsp milk.
9. Brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
10. Bake 10 - 15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Makes 10 scones
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TIMTOO.