My Easy Salmon SushiSubmitted by: CRYSSY29
IntroductionSo easy...so yummy So easy...so yummy
6 sheets of seaweed wrappers
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 fillet of raw FRESH salmon sliced thin (makes about 2 c. of fish slices if done correctly)
- Take one sheet of the seaweed wrappers and slightly overlay (about 1/2 inch) with another seaweed sheet. Where the two sheets touch slightly wet your finger and moisten the edges so that they form one large piece (about 8.5 by 8 inches)
- Place about 1/3 c of the cooked rice on the sheet leaving about 1/2 inch uncovered at the top and bottom.
- Place 1/3 of the slices of salmon (raw or cooked as noted in above Note) in mostly the center of the sheet.
- Tightly roll the sheet from top to bottom leaving about 1/2 inch. Wet your finger again and moisten the free edge. Then quickly and still tightly, complete the roll. Set aside.
- Repeat w/ remaining sheets and ingredients.
- At this point you'll have 3 full rolls. Wet a SHARP knife and slice into 6-7 equally-sized pieces and place on a seperate plate/serving dish (frequently re-wet the knife if it becomes sticky and doesn't cut smoothly).
- Serve w/ low sodium soy sauce sprinkled slightly over top of each piece. Leave wasabi on the side for guests to use sparingly as they'd like. Or you can mix wasabi in w/ the soy sauce for a more "American" version, then sprinkle on the pieces.
- Makes about 21 pieces or 3 servings
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CRYSSY29.