Stuffed PeppersSubmitted by: MORNINGGLORY609
IntroductionYummy, easy, and filling! You probably won't be able to finish it! Yummy, easy, and filling! You probably won't be able to finish it!
2 medium red peppers
4 oz ground turkey
1 small onion
1-2 cloves garlic
fat free plain yogurt
cooked brown rice
2) Wash pepper, and slice off the top. Place both pieces on grill (if you don't have a grill, browning the pepper in the over in fine as well).
3) In a small sautee pan, add olive oil, onions, garlic, and celery. Sautee until veggies are almost transluscent.
4) Add ground turkey, sautee together until brown. Add spices to taste (appx. 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper).
5) Once turkey is brown, remove from heat and place in bowl. Add brown rice, cheese, and yogurt. Blend until mixed completely.
6) Pull peppers from grill with tongs. Stuff pepper with turkey mixture until full. Place top on pepper.
7) Place peppers on cookie sheet covered with foil. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes. Can be served with marinara sauce, if desired.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MORNINGGLORY609.