- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 199.6
- Total Fat: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 16.6 mg
- Sodium: 1,027.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
Kate's Parmesan Risotto RiceSubmitted by: JOKOLENNONO
* *Campbell's low sodium chicken broth, 10 cup (remove)
* *Extra Light Olive Oil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Butter, unsalted, 3 tbsp (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia) (remove)
* Risotto Rice, 2.5 cup (remove)
* White Wine, 5.5 fl oz (remove)
* Salt, .5 tsp (remove)
* Parmesan Cheese, grated, .5 cup (remove)
* Parsley, .25 cup (remove)
2. Heat the olive oil and 2 tbsp butter over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed 8 qt pot. Add chopped onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until translucent and beginning to turn golden, about 10 minutes. Add rice and saute, stirring constantly, until just the edges of the grains look translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the wine and salt and cook, stirring until wine is completely absorbed by rice. Add about .5 cup hot broth to rice and cook, stirring constantly, until broth is completely absorbed by rice; reduced heat to medium-low if mixture starts to boil. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is absorbed before adding the next, until rice is just tender to the bite (15 to 30 minutes; you will have broth left over). Keep rice at a constant simmer.
4. Remove rice from heat and stir in Parmesan, pepper, parsley, remaining 1 tbsp butter, and salt to taste. For looser risotto, stir in 1 to 2 more cups of broth. Serve immediately, with more Parmesan on the side for sprinkling.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JOKOLENNONO.