- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 66.0
- Total Fat: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 7.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
(Desserts) Bittersweet Espreso-Chocolate SorbetSubmitted by: RYEAXL1
Introduction*Making Ice Cream Without A Machine *Making Ice Cream Without A Machine
# Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, 0.33 cup (remove)
# Agave Syrup, 120 gram(s) (remove)
# Chocolate Dark, 60 gram(s) (remove)
# Water, tap, 400 grams (remove)
# Espresso (expresso), 50 grams (remove)
2. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in cocoa; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add chocolate and agave mix.
3. Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
*Making Ice Cream Without A Machine
1. Prepare your ice cream mixture, then chill it over an ice bath.
2. Put a deep baking dish, or bowl made of plastic, stainless steel or something durable in the freezer, and pour your custard mixture into it.
3. After forty-five minutes, open the door and check it.
As it starts to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir it vigorously with a spatula or whisk. Really beat it up and break up any frozen sections. Return to freezer.
4. Continue to check the mixture every 30 minutes, stirring vigorously as it's freezing. If you have one, you can use a hand-held mixer for best results, or use a stick-blender or hand-held mixer.
5. Keep checking periodically and stirring while it freezes (by hand or with the electric mixer) until the ice cream is frozen. It will likely take 2-3 hours to be ready.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RYEAXL1.