- Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 51.8
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 1.0 mg
- Sodium: 6.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 1.0 g
Pistachio Baklava Cups- frm Womans daySubmitted by: GROSSARAMA
2 pkg (1.9 oz each) miniâ€“fillo shells
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup shelled pistachios
3 Tbsp brown sugar- loose
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
1. Heat oven to 350ÂºF. Place fillo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Stir honey and lemon juice in small cup until blended; set aside.
2. Pulse pistachios, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in food processor just until chopped. Add melted butter; pulse just to distribute.
3. Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each shell. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Spoon about 1 tsp honey mixture over hot filling. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack.
* you could use Splenda, but it doesn't carmelize as well as sugar- If you use half splenda and half sugar the results should be comparable.
* I changed sugar to brown sugar to give it a more authentic Greek taste- & added a smidge more honey-
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GROSSARAMA.