Quick Fix Mexican PizzaSubmitted by: SMAYWEATHER
IntroductionLow-Fat, Filling Snack Low-Fat, Filling Snack
Substitute any type of tortilla for the one above, but beware of the change in calories, fat and carb content!
Same goes for the type of cheese!
Vary the amounts of salsa and sour cream as you wish, and to avoid the extra fat, omit the sour cream altogether...it's just as good with just the salsa!
The first is a little more time consuming, but is for those who like it crispy.
1. Spray butter-flavored cooking spray on to the bottom of a shallow pan that is preheated on a medium to medium-high burner.
2. Lay the first tortilla in the pan.
3. Sprinkle the cheese on the tortilla, and cover with the second tortilla.
4. Allow the bottom tortilla to brown, and the cheese to melt slightly, about 2 minutes, and flip.
5. Wait about 2 more minutes for the other tortilla to brown and the cheese to melt thoroughly before removing from heat.
6. Spread a layer of sour cream on top of the uppermost tortilla, then top with a layer of salsa.
7. Cut with a kinfe or pizza cutter into 6 equal parts.
The second method is for those in a hurry, or those who like the softer version.
1. Construct the pizza by placing one tortilla in a microwave safe plate, sprinkling with cheese, and then topping with the remaining tortilla.
2. Place in the microwave for 45 seconds on high, or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
3. Top with a layer of sour cream and a layer of salsa, and cut into equal parts with a knife or pizza cutter.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SMAYWEATHER.