- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 181.5
- Total Fat: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 105.0 mg
- Sodium: 76.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
(Desserts) Special Hazelnut-Espresso TreatSubmitted by: RYEAXL1
IntroductionPrepare the Gianduia, or use nutella instead.
ipe=504532 Prepare the Gianduia, or use nutella instead.
# Gelatin 7gr/1package
# Water, 60/4oz.
# Cocoa Powder, unsweetened, 20gr/4Tbsp
# Espresso, 240ml/7oz
# Agave Syrup 35gr/1.2oz
# Cream., 100ml/4oz
# Egg Yolk, 4 large
# HM Giandoia, 100gr/4oz (can sub. with nutella)
# Vanilla Bean, 1 serving
# Splenda 50gr/4Tbsp
Chocolate Dark, 20gr/0.66oz.
1. You will need to find a prop to set 8 narrow, 4-ounce dessert glasses at an angle. (I used small paperback books.) Take 1 glass and fill it with 1/3 cup water. On a baking tray, prop the glass at an angle so that the water comes 1/4 to 1/2 inch from its rim and support the glass at that angle. Then, use small pieces of floral putty (or other nonpermanent putty) to prop the rest of the glasses at the same angle. Empty the water from the first glass and prop it with floral putty as well. Set aside.
Make the chocolate
1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup of the water and let stand for 1 minute to soften. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a heavy, 1-quart saucepan, gently whisk the coffee, agave and cocoa powder until blended and bring just to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture until combined.
3. Let the mixture cool slightly and fold in the whipped cream until well blended.
Divide the chocolate among the prepared glasses, about 1/3 cup each. You may find a funnel helps to control the chocolate as you pour it into the glasses.
Carefully transfer the pan with the glasses to the refrigerator, and refrigerate until firm.
Make the Hazelnuts zabaglione
1. In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks with the splenda. Using a whisk or hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the mixture until pale, about 3 minutes.
2. Place over barely simmering water and add the gianduia and vanilla, whisking continuously until the mixture is thick, foamy, and warm to the touch, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and continue whisking until the zabaglione has cooled slightly.
Garnish with shaved chocolate.
3. Beat whites and 2 Tbsp of sugar, to soft peaks.
Fold into the zabaglione.
4. Remove the chilled chocolate from the refrigerator and, holding each glass at a 45-degree angle, slowly fill the empty space with zabaglione, gradually righting the glass as you fill it. Repeat with remaining glasses chill.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RYEAXL1.