Light Cream of Celery SoupSubmitted by: BKWERM
Introductionfrom Molly Katzen's Soup Recipes from Molly Katzen's Soup Recipes
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chopped celery, raw
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, salted
- 1 heaping cup finely minced raw onions
- 1 heaping cup very finely minced raw celery
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 cup warmed milk, nonfat
- white pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 tbsps sour cream, half and half or heavy cream (optional for a richer tasting soup)
- freshly minced chives and/or parsley for garnish
2) Melt butter in a small skillet. Add onion, finely minced celery, celery seed plus 1/2 tsp salt. Saute about 8 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add to puree.
3) Stir in remaining ingredients except garnish. Heat gently (don't cook or boil) and serve topped with something minced and green.
Makes 6 servings.