- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 208.0
- Total Fat: 6.0 g
- Cholesterol: 53.1 mg
- Sodium: 187.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 18.2 g
Healthy Turkey Burgers with "Ketchup" GravySubmitted by: NEW_HUSKER_MAMA
IntroductionSneak some fiber into your meal with these hamburgers that don't need a carb-filled bun. The fiber comes from a heaping teaspoon of Fibersure in the meat mixture. Your family won't even know it's there.
1 serving equals two 2" patties (uncooked size), serves 6. Sneak some fiber into your meal with these hamburgers that don't need a carb-filled bun. The fiber comes from a heaping teaspoon of Fibersure in the meat mixture. Your family won't even know it's there.
1 serving equals two 2" patties (uncooked size), serves 6.
1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup low sodium ketchup
1 heaping tsp Fibersure powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
1 15 oz can no salt added tomato sauce
4 med. celery stalks, thick sliced
1 large onion, coarse chopped
2) Form into 12 approximately two inch patties.
3) Heat a large NON-STICK skillet over medium high heat. Make sure to use a non-stick skillet to avoid adding extra unnecessary fats.
4) Place the patties in the heated skillet & cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the patties are browned on both sides.
5) Remove the patties to a plate. Do not place on a paper towel as the patties will stick to it!
6) In the skillet, stir together the tomato sauce, chopped onions, sliced celery, & water. Bring to a boil.
7) Reduce heat to medium or medium-low & place the patties back in the skillet.
8) Cover & simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
9) Remove from heat, remove lid, & let stand of 5 minutes. The sauce should thicken upon standing. If it doesn't, return to heat with the lid off until it reduces to the desired thickness.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HUSKER_MAMA.