Chicken Tortilla LasagnaSubmitted by: 1234MOM
IntroductionA layered dish using corn tortillas for an authentic taste. Not the prettiest dish I've ever made. Just family satisfying food. A layered dish using corn tortillas for an authentic taste. Not the prettiest dish I've ever made. Just family satisfying food.
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1 cup sour cream
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1-4oz can green chilies
3/4 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 can drained kidney beans
1 cup corn kernels, frozen
1-12 oz. jar of salsa, medium or hot
8-6" corn tortillas
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2. In a large bowl, stir together the first nine ingredients.
3. Pour 3/4 cup of the salsa into a pie dish.
4. Cut tortillas in half. Coat tortillas on one side with salsa as you place them into a 2 quart greased casserole.
5. Place 5 halves in bottom. Top with half of the chicken mixture, then half of the corn and beans. Pour 1/2 cup of salsa over the layer.
6. Repeat the first layer as in #5.
7. Place the remaining tortillas on top. Pour the remaining salsa (including the salsa in the pie dish) over the top. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup cheese.
8. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes (it should be bubbling).
9. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 1234MOM.