Carnival MeringuesSubmitted by: XSUNSHINEEE
IntroductionOnly about twenty calories per meringue - these are great to bring to a party or just munching. Use any color food coloring you'd like! They turn out really pretty. Only about twenty calories per meringue - these are great to bring to a party or just munching. Use any color food coloring you'd like! They turn out really pretty.
3 Egg Whites
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/8 tsp Vanilla or Almond Extract
(You can also use peppermint extract instead of one of those - experiment with it!)
Large Plastic Bag
2) Line 2 baking sheets with foil or baking paper
3) Beat egg whites & cream of tartar on high speed until foamy texture is formed
4) Slowly add in sugar until a thicker consistency is formed & add in extract and food coloring
5) Pour mixture into the bag & seal tightly and slit a small squirting hole at the corner of the bag
6) Squeeze onto the baking sheets (about 1 or 1 1/2 inches each squirt) - should make about 3 dozen small mounds
7) Bake for about 60 minutes & let cool
Makes 3 dozen.
Number of Servings: 36
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user XSUNSHINEEE.